Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Reason

It's a normal practice for Neesa chan, Reina chan and Ibu to admire all the houses along the route to Neesa chan's school. We would focus on the potted plants displayed in front of the houses while Reina chan would scream "Ower" (her version of 'flower' ) while pointing her tiny fingers at all the blooming flowers.


And I have one particular apartment which I like to look at.

One day, out of the blue, Neesa chan said, "Kalau macam ni, boleh ada kereta".

Puzzled, I looked at the apartment closely. Neesa chan was referring to the empty basement parking.

When we arrived in front of our apartment, she added, "Kalau yang ni, boleh naik basikal aje.." , pointing to the designated area for bicycle. Unlike the previous apartment, the basement car park at our apartment is very small and hidden behind a closed gate.

She must have eavesdropped the conversation I had with Idhamu-san recently about wanting to buy a car. Sebuk jer...

We decided that it is not cost-effective to buy a car (at least not for now) as we have to pay a lot for the monthly rental of car park ( our unit does not come with a free car park). The money for the monthly car park itself could be accumulated to buy a car!

So, the cheaper alternative would be to buy a bicycle (I requested for a battery-operated one since I have to cycle with my 2 girls, up and down the hill of Shinjuku). But, it seems that a second-hand Daihatsu Mira is way cheaper that the bicycle that I wanted! Hmmm....

In the meantime, I am happy pushing the stroller around Wakamatsu-cho. And of course, Tokyo Metro amidst its challenges, is currently our mode of transportation.

No comments: