Thursday, June 30, 2011

Demotivated

Today is Thursday.
And NORMALLY, on every Thursday morning, I would head down to the Community Centre for my Nihongo class.
Today is not my normal Thursday.
In fact, my Thursdays have not been normal for the past 5 weeks.

I have a confession to make: I have been playing truant.
I have not been going to my Thursday morning nihongo class.
Not because I'm plain lazy (yeah, right)
But because I feel that I am not performing.
My level of proficiency has not improved. It has in fact been static for the past two semesters. Cis,buang duit saja...
Maybe because it's only held once a week (excuses, excuses). And the only practice I had been doing is during the two-hour class (that's true!)
And to help demotivate me from going (another excuse coming your way. watch out!) is the fact that Reina chan, who follows (err...i mean, followed) me to class is no longer the shy Reina who used to sit still in her stroller while quietly reading her book, doodling on her notepad, or watching youtube from her Ibu's phone or Ayah's Ipad.
Noooo... That Reina has turned to a little monster who likes to walk (and run) around the classroom, making all sorts of noise, asking all sorts of questions not only to her Ibu but to whomever she pleases, and also would turn up the volume of the video she's watching on youtube, which would end up in frowny faces from the senseis as well as her Ibu's friends.

So , as not to disturb everybody else in the class, I HAD TO stop herself from going to the Nihongo class. It is for the betterment of the others who are motivated in learning the language. Yang demotivated, sila ketepi dan duduk kat rumah diam-diam.

No comments: