Sunday, November 15, 2009

Animal Farm

Don't ask me why Neesa and Reina are staying with their Mak Tok. But believe me, it is for their own good. They have been there with the girl from Angkor since early October and will stay there til the end of November. Idhamu-san and I have been travelling to Taiping mostly every weekend.

I am glad that they are happy there. So are Mak Tok and Tok Ayah. Even the girl from Angkor looks happier( and heavier).

Neesa chan for one is happy. She can ask for anything, and Mak Tok will be more than happy to oblige.

Once she wanted some chicks she saw at the Sunday market. So, Mak Tok bought her one. The poor chick's life lasted not more than 3 days. She told me that the uncle who sold her the chick informed her that she should have bought another one to keep the lonely chick company. So, that was what happened next. Mak Tok bought her two chicks to play with (Ada ke main ngan anak ayam?!?) That episode lasted less than a week. After consulting the same uncle again, she told me that the chicks died because there was no light bulb in the box. And the fact that she could not lit the box made her decide to resort to ducklings, which according to the uncle, are not as fussy as the chicks.

So, Mak Tok bought her two ducklings. After a week, she felt bored and left the ducklings in their box.

When she went to play at a neighbour's house and saw some cute little rabbits, she wanted one, too. Mak Tok said yes and off they went in search for one. They came back from the Sunday market with a little black rabbit, the only one left at the Sunday market. She called me as soon as she reached home, telling me about the great news.According to Mak Tok, she did not even mind when the rabbit accidently peed on her twice for fear that Mak Tok might not let her keep the rabbit if Mak Tok found out that it peed on her....

I did not have the opportunity to meet the black rabbit because the day we reached Taiping was the day Neesa realized that the rabbit was missing. She was so sad that Mak Tok went frantic for a day looking for a replacement. They found one cute brown rabbit. And I found out later that Mak Tok had invested a lot of money on the rabbit.

Yesterday, when I called her, I found out that the brown rabbit is no longer breathing. She said that she has a kitten and she sounded happy when she told me that she got it for free! It seemed that she found the kitten near Tok Ayah's motorbike. So, Tompok (as she calls it) is hers. She has been giving Tompok some of her sister's formula and that her sister does not mind. According to her, Tompok is really manja, and does not bite (unlike Nenek's cat who bit her arm way back in 2005).

Oh, wait till her father finds this one out.... I am sure Idhamu-san does not approve of this. He cannot stand the sight of a cat. Hmmpphhh... I can smell trouble....I just hope that this kitten had had 8 lives and will not live that long. Well, at least till the end of November... I know, I know... kejamnya bunyiii...How la... cannot have an animal farm here...

2 comments:

Labyrinth said...

finally ada posts! ;-) Neesa is just like me! I grew up with plenty of pet animals, some dead in a few days while some, lama hidup sampai beranak pinak. Mak Tok is exactly like my late dad. la. kasi binatang je... heheh best.

The Bubur Caca Lover said...

Baru tadi (when I called) she complained saying that the kitten smells. Hehehe.. mesti tak lama lagi tukar pet lain plak :)

p/s: penat bertapa...tehehe~