Perplexed. That was the right word to describe the state I was in this morning. I thought I was transported back to KL by an alien aircraft against my will. It was really weird. The whole scenario was so familiar to me (except the part that it was snowing). Sorry, no snow in KL... If it was not snowing, I was pretty sure I was in one of the Intrakota buses going into the City Centre at peak hour.
Next, came outrage. Let me explain why.
For the first time in 2 years I was ill-treated by the Japanese. Not by one, but by the whole occupants in the packed bus bound for Hiroshima University. They all must be educated beings, to study or work in the public university (it is difficult to enter a public uni here and Hirodai is ranked among the best. Konon2 la...) But not a single soul,especially the ones who were sitting down and pretending not see that I was struggling to balance myself and Neesa chan while holding a lot of bags, offered their seats.Hmmppphhh!!! I was thinking of how to get hold of a lawyer and to go about the process of suing people if I were to fall down from the bus since both Neesa chan and I were standing directly in front of the door, throughout the entire 20 minutes journey. Luckily, nothing bad happened (if you were to count Neesa chan's endless moaning, grumbling and out-of-tune singing session as music to the ears...). I had to listen to her morning fm (full blast) all the way to school but I was happy that the whole bus had to do so too! Haha! Padan muka. Sapa suruh tak bagi anak aku duduk!
I think Neesa chan was also feeling kind of weird about the whole thing this morning. Japanese people would normally offer her a seat regardless whether we were on a train, bus or a streetcar. The reserved seats are normally not misused, unlike in Malaysia.
Maybe I should not generalize... But hey, that kind of behaviour is so NOT Japanese. What happened to the Japanese people??? What happened to Bushido values??? Rei??? Well, I have to wake up and smell the green tea... We are after all humans, and we all live under the same sun...
No comments:
Post a Comment