Friday, July 2, 2010

Why now?

After nearly a month, I was told that I should not do it.

Why wasn't I told earlier?

This is the story of Harada sensei, Neesa chan's class teacher who came to see me after school yesterday.
She told me that Neesa chan should not bring these to school.


My mind was going like *$@^????

Yes, I did get the message right. Mafirina's mother was there to help me translate the conversation.
And even if she wasn't there, I could understand the simple "jusu" (for juice) and "jeli" (for jelly) and "dame" (for no, or cannot) to fully comprehend what she wanted to say.

She told me that Neesa chan can only bring juice and jelly (i.e dessert) on the days that juice and dessert are served to all under the school lunch programme. According to Mafirina's mother who was kind enough to help me look at the school lunch menu, there are only a few days on which juice and dessert are being served to the children (She even gave me the specific dates).

I don't get it.

Harada Sensei has seen (and spoken) to me practically everyday. I would be waiting at the entrance and she would be walking with the children to the entrance before smiling and bowing her head to me. Why didn't she mention anything about this before?

Why now???

The only explanation I could think of is.... someone had made a big fuss out of it in class. And knowing Harada Sensei, who does not like any chaos in class, would ask the culprit to avoid doing it.

I still think that it is not fair.

The rest of the children who were on this lunch programme, gets to drink milk, ocha (tea) AND plain water everyday. Neesa brings her water bottle (in which I put some warm water) and that little box of juice.



That juice is actually my substitute for milk since Neesa hates (and does not drink) milk. I would sometimes switch the juice with a bottle of vitagen/yakult to compensate her intake of milk.

And we haven't gone to the main meal yet. Neesa's bento is simple compared to the others. She has no soup because I am afraid that she might spill the content when she opens the lid. She does not have two servings of meat or seafood. And no vege for her because Ms-I -would-vomit-at-the-sight-of-vege-and-onion-or-garlic-or-any-form-of-vege would bring back home her bento, untouched, if she found a slice of onion.

She only brings this as her main dish. Rice with two side dishes. Just look at the size-How can you compare this small box with a huge tray full of goodies???


And recently, she started liking fruits. So, I made her bring some fruits. Oh, the rest of the children are being provided with fruits, too.



Hmmmm...

Poor Neesa chan. Just when she found her appetite...
I guess, the juice and dessert would just have to wait till she gets back from school...

4 comments:

anymz said...

Laa..kesiannya Ja...teruk gak tu kan..waktu sekolah lama ke??
leceh bila di tetapkan boleh bwk hari tertentu je nih..nak bwk air pun susah..ada yg dengki ke tu??

The Bubur Caca Lover said...

M Lang, Neesa kat sekolah dari kul 8 pagi sampai 2.30 ptg. Kesian dia...

Jangan lepas ni cikgu dia suruh masak ikut menu yg ditetapkan sudah~

Labyrinth said...

apsal cikgu dia sengap je masa u amik Neesa? ntah apa2. jusu pun nak bising. bukannya gassy drink! kat sini, free and easy....mcm braless....:-) asalkan makanan and minuman berkhasiat...yoghurt, juice, fruits, tu semua category makanan berkhasiat.
Apa-apapun, Ja, sabarje la....yang penting, container neesa semua lawa2 belaka....

The Bubur Caca Lover said...

tula Del...sebelum ni takde plak cakap pape...
Ada budak tak puas hati kot Neesa minum juice... hmmm... sabar jela...
container kena lawa sebab isi dalam container tak berapa lawa..hikhikhik...