The next day, I was sent to the maternity ward following Dr. Yip's order. Eventhough he was happy to see my progress, he was worried of my condition. I could not even sit up straight without being helped. Being in the maternity ward meant that I had to take care of my daughter on my own. But if I was not transferred to the maternity ward, I could not be with my daughter. The will won and found its way.
At around 3pm Dec 18, 2008 I finally held Khaireina chan and nursed her.
She was not only tiny but also clubfooted.
I was filled with guilt thinking that it was my fault. The peadiatrician told me that her condition could either be because lack of amniotic fluid in my tummy during the pregnancy or hereditary. I ruled the first reason out because during the monthly scan the doctor told me that everything was fine. Since I myself was clubfooted, hereditary could be the reason. It's weird that Neesa chan's feet was ok. To tell the truth, I was worried that Neesa chan would be born clubfooted when I was pregnant with her. But with Reina chan, the thought did not occur at all.
The peadiatrician told me that her condition was mild and could be corrected. He then referred the case to the physiotherapist. Before I left UMMC, I was taught how to massage my daughter's feet and told to go to the orthopedic in one month's time.
For 40 days, Mak and me took turn to massage her tiny feet. When we went to the orthopedic, the doctor was surprised to see us there. According to the doctor, there was nothing wrong with her feet. Alhamdulillah~
(pic taken when she was 50 days old)
Facts:
1. The clubfoot-free baby who was constantly hungry and sleepy weighed more than 5kg before she turned two months.
2. The clubfoot-free baby had no name till she was 20 days old.
3. I had a fever for 3 consecutive nights after the delivery.
4. I fainted on the way to the car the morning we travelled back to Taiping
2 comments:
sedey plak baca..hmm..dugaan dan cabaran dtg drpd Nya..skang baby dah ok ke k.chot?
Lija, My friend massaged his son's feet and they got better tapi tak perfect la. Maybe your baby's feet dah ok coz u massaged well or also coz they werent so bad in the first place kot..alhamdulillah. U were born with clubfoot ke Lija? boleh gak jadi pompuan joget..:-) maybe reina will be a dancer one day!
Post a Comment